I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what, but the month is already over.
July flew by and now we’re here in August, so it’s time to set some new goals to accomplish.
But before I get into the August goals, I want to review the goals I set last month and see how I did.
Spoiler alert… it definitely did not go as planned.
July 2018 Results
My main goal for July was to grow the heck out of this blog, as I started it from scratch on June 29th.
I started that day with a blank install of WordPress on my HostGator account, the Marketers Delight theme, and a Mailchimp account.
Zero blog posts, zero pages, and zero idea of how it would actually work.
I did already have an email list of 112 subscribers that I built up from previous blogs, as well as around 700 Twitter followers.
So I guess I didn’t start from ground zero.
But at the same time, 99% of people who start a blog have Facebook friends or social accounts, so no one really starts from nothing.
Anyways, here are the goals I set for July and how I did.
1. Publish 30 Blog Posts – This was fairly easy for me. I actually ended up publishing 31 posts in July (including this one) using a combination of my idea method and creation method. Interestingly enough, those are two of my most visited posts.
2. Gain 30 Email Subscribers – Remember how I said I started with 112 email subscribers? Well, now I have 101. I gained 2 new subscribers during the month and lost 13. This is normal as I switched topics and those people weren’t interested anymore. Now I just have to focus on creating a better offer to get more new subscribers.
3. Make A Sale From Blogging – Despite getting approved for several affiliate accounts and sending a couple dozen clicks to those links, I wasn’t able to make any sales yet. Based on my previous experiences with blogging, I simply gotta get more traffic and send a lot more clicks.
Definitely gotta up my game, but hey this blog is only a month old as of now.
As I build up the traffic to this site and make better offers, my results will improve for sure.
And in order to improve, I am setting new goals to accomplish in August.
August 2018 Goals
Since I’ve already proven I can write daily without too much effort, I’m not going to set it as a goal this time around.
If I do it, cool.
If not, then as long as I accomplish the following goals I will be happy.
Here’s what I’ll be doing.
1. Create An Email Course For New Bloggers – Part of the reason I only gained 2 new subscribers last month was because my offer sucked. I’m going to create an email course to attract my ideal audience and provide real value instead of a “hey join my list pls”.
Speaking of joining my list, do that here so you can be first to know when the email course goes live.
2. Tweet 30 Times Per Day – I recently set an insane goal to tweet 100 times per day. That failed miserably, so I’m aiming for 30+ daily now. That’s still 3x more than I tweeted last month. Doing this will help me build and audience and gain more traffic to this blog.
3. Make A Sale From Blogging – I’m keeping this goal the same as last month as I truly believe my new angle will help me achieve this much easier. I now have a full fledged review of Marketers Delight and review posts are great sales drivers long term.
With all that said, it’s now time to get to work.
Lots of writing.
Lots of tweeting.
Lots of fun.
And if you haven’t yet, make sure you subscribe to my email list to stay updated.
Here’s the link: